Sunday, September 28, 2008

Joys of Summer!

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my father had planned a river rafting trip for the family. It was surely going to be the best day of my summer holidays. My siblings and I were thrilled to pits because we had heard countless interesting stories of my dad’s river rafting trips when he was a teenager. We were all looking up to him to help us with our first ever rafting trip as he was quite experienced and knew a lot about rafting.

The river was vast and seemed to go on forever, while the rapids came crashing on the huge rocks by riverside. The sight surely scared me but the encouraging look from my father gave me the courage to take part in the rafting and to my immense amazement it turned out to be a lot of fun!

After a long and tiring rafting experience we were all hungry and so we decided to take a break. We devoured the tasty sandwiches as a well earned treat and drank pop before running back to the river with our lifejackets set and splashed each other with water. It was like reliving my childhood and I enjoyed every bit of it.

It was surely the best thing I did all summer.

No comments: